- “Epic TV: Historical Epics on the Small Screen“, Cinema and History/Cinema e Storia conference, Universita Roma Tre, Rome, Italy, 26-27th November.
- “Crusades, Templars, and Cyberjihad: Political Medievalisms in Social Media”, International Congress on Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, USA, 14-17th May.
- “ISIS, the Middle Ages and Mass Media”, School of Film and Television Research Seminar, University of Lincoln, 26th November.
- “Playing with the Middle Ages: History, Medievalism, and Video Games”, invited speaker, School of History Research Seminar, University of Huddersfield, 25th November.
- “Simulations and Simulacra: History in Video Games“, Keynote Speaker at the 28th European Simulation and Modelling Conference (ESM’2014), University of Porto 22-24th October. More info here.
- “Medievalism and Mass Media: Business Vikings, Templar Knights and Climate Change”, Minnesota State University Moorhead, Moorhead MN, 7th November.
- “Laughing at Medieval Films: Cinema, Parody and Historical Representation”, Comic Timing: A Symposium on Humour and Periodisation, in Medievalism (and Elsewhere), invited speaker, University of Manchester, 4th October.
- “Our minds are in the gutter, but some of us are watching Starz… Sex, Violence and Dirty Medievalism in Camelot and The Pillars of the Earth“, The Middle Ages in the Modern World Conference, University of St Andrews, 25th-28th June.
- “Video Games and History: Virtual Engagement with a Digital Past“, (click the link to watch the presentation on iTunes). Invited speaker at the Rethinking: History, Simulations, Video Game workshop, CEIS20, University of Coimbra, Portugal, 7th December.
- “Space, Identity and a Transnational Past”, EUPOP Inaugural Conference, London, 11th-13th July.
- “Fragments of Arthur, Arthurian Mosaics”, Round Table in Honour of Professor Elizabeth Sklar, Popular Culture Association international conference, Boston (USA), April 11-14.
- “Artorius Castus as Global Icon”, Invited speaker at the Lucius Artorius Castus conference, Podstrana (Croatia), March 29th – April 2nd.
- “Locating Arthur in the Visual Arts”, International Arthurian Society Conference, University of Bristol, July.
- “What was the Kraken doing there in the first place? Authenticity and Accuracy in Clash of the Titans”, Rethinking Epic: Epic Film and Television in the 21st Century, University of Lincoln, July.
- “Locating Images of Arthur and His Historical Capital”, Arthurian panel, Popular Culture Association, San Antonio (TX), April.
- “Legitimising Violence in Medieval Film”, Institute of Germanic & Romance Studies Conference, London, March.
- Authenticity and Accuracy in Medieval Film, University of Exeter, November.
- “Nobody’s Allowed to Punch the King: Subversions of King Arthur in Modern Arthurian Television”, International Arthurian Society Conference, Rennes, France, July.
- “A Killing at the Box Office: Representations of Conflict in Medieval Films”, University of Durham, August.
- “The Charm of the Remaking: The Problems of ‘Medieval’ Serialisation in Modern Arthurian Television”, Popular Culture Association National Conference, Boston, USA, April.
- “Now is Neither a Time nor a Place: History on Film”, University of Exeter, March.
- “Fiat Lux, Camera et Actio… the (re)Creation of Medieval Worlds in Film”, University of Bristol, February.
- “It’s only a Model”: Cinematic Representations of Camelot”, Medievalism Transformed conference, University of Bangor, Wales, 3rd June.